LoRa based IIoT Network Solutions
- support of a large number nodes in the network
- very low power wireless communication
- wide area coverage
- secure communication
- a choice between capex (Private Network) and/or opex (Provider Network) implementations
Please contact us to discuss a bespoke solution targeted at your specific requirements.
Architecture optionsBelow table lists some differences between typical LoRa Network architectures on some main aspects to be considered. Hybrid models between Private infrastructure and Provider based solutions are also possible.
- LoRa end devices with integrated sensors
- Fully functional LoRa nodes with sensors already included
- LoRa end devices with Sensor I/Os
- Fully functional LoRa devices with connection possibilities for sensors/ actuators
- LoRa modules to integrate with sensor devices
- Modules enabling easy development of customised sensor applications with LoRa connectivity
LoRa Gateways/ ServersThe gateway sets up the LoRa connection with the LoRa node. The right gateway together with optimal placement, wireless radio, and antenna is crucial for a stable and secure connection within the IIoT application.
Please check here which product matches your requirements. Call us anytime for assistance as there are many more options than we can show on our web site.
Networking equipmentTo establish more complicated wired or wireless communication network environments you may need routers and (managed) switches.
Please check here for options:
Platform choiceAnother important decision to be made is the implementation of the IoT SW platform. There are many possibilities and offerings ranging from freely available tools, through PaaS (Platform as a Service) models up to perpetual licensed platform solutions.
To establish a complete Private LoRa IoT platform solution the following SW elements should be configured in any case:
- Packet forwarder - on every gateway in network
- LoRaWAN server - on separate HW platform or integrated on gateway (single gateway networks only)
Other SW elements need to run on a separate server platform (or in the cloud):
- Protocol translation (i.e. MQTT or HTTP server)
- Data handling/ Visualisation
- Time series database
- Analysis/ predictive maintenance SW
This can be implemented by using freeware, through a Platform as a Service (PaaS) arrangement or license/ subscription based SW platforms.
Freeware options are for example: Mosquitto for MQTT server, Node-Red and Grafana for data handling/ dashboard and InfluxDB for time series database.
Texim Europe offers a Platform as a Service option called AssetMinder. Please contact us to discuss available options.
Finally there are many licensed or subscription based IoT platform solutions like Thingworx, Microsoft Azure, IBM Watson and Amazon AWS to name but a few each with their own features and advantages.
LoRa / IIoT Solutions
Do you have a question or want to get in touch with us?
Send a message or contact us through one of the other channels. We will contact you as soon as possible after receiving your message.