Espressif offers the ESP-WROOM-32, a tiny powerful, generic WiFi-BT-BLE MCU module which supports data rates up to 150Mbps and 22dBm output power. The integration of Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE and WiFi ensures that a wide variety of applications ranging from low power sensor networks to the most demanding tasks such as voice encoding, music streaming e.g.. With a sleep current of 5µA the ESP-WROOM-32 is suitable for battery powered and wearable electronics applications.
At the core of this module is the ESP32 chip, which is designed to be scalable and adaptive.
The 2 CPU cores can individually be controlled or powered, and the clock frequency is adjustable from 80 to 240MHz. The ESP32 integrates a rich set of peripherals, ranging from capacitive touch sensors, Hall sensors, low noise sense amplifiers, SD card interface, Ethernet, high speed SDIO/SPI, UART, I2S and I2C.
The ESP-WROOM-32 offers industry leading specifications and the best optimized performance for electronic integration, range, power consumption and connectivity.
- Bluetooth v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE specs
- WiFi mode: Station, softAP, SoftAP + station & P2P
- Longevity of 12 years
- Network protocols: IPv4, IPv6, SSL, TCP/UDP/HTTP/FTP/MQTT
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Power: 2.2V to 3.6V
- Digital interface: UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, IR, SDIO
- Internal antenna interface
- Power output: +22dBm
- SMT mounting
- Dimensions: 18x25.5x2.8mm
- Home automation
- Industrial automation / IOT
- Medical appliances
- Audio & video streaming
- and many others