RRC Power Solutions released the upgraded version of their RRC-PMM240 power management module. Compared to the earlier version the standby current decreased to a typical 1mA resulting in a longer battery life. Next to this the minimum input voltage dropped to the battery charge voltage +1V and the output current increased to 10A max., with an 12A application output fuse. The battery discharge current increased to 10A max.
By using this power management module you will reduce your development time and save on the design costs. This module has been designed to complement the existing line of standard smart batteries.
The RRC PMM240 offers serval operating modes such as managing power to the device and charging the battery at the same time, the device only powered from the battery, sending power to the host device only (fully charged battery) and the turbo boost mode.
One of the main features of the module is the Power Path Switcher, which is responsible for the automatic and seamless switching between the battery and power supply within the application. Information from the battery and the power management module (PMM) can be read out via a user interface on the SMBus base.
- Wide DC input voltage range
- Output power to battery 82 Watt max.
- Output power to application 240 Watt max.
- 3D data available of power management module
- Batteries for easy integration into user application
- Automatic power source selection
- Operating temperature range from -20°C to +60°C
- Approvals: 60601-1 (International and USA/Canada)
- Fits to standard smart batteries from RRC
- Power management and Smart battery charging
- Medical and industrial applications