The ultracapacitor multi-cell modules from Nesscap are fully functional energy storage systems addressing energy and power requirements for multiple applications. Each module consists of three functional parts: the enclosure, the cells, and the patent pending ultracapacitor management unit (UMU).
These proven energy storage devices can replace conventional capacitors or batteries in applications that require much more energy than what conventional capacitors are able to provide or need higher power outputs than batteries can provide.
With a IP65 protection rating, the enclosure protects the cells and the associated components inside the module from environmental factors such as dust, moisture and water. The UMU cover houses a circuit that monitors the health of the module. These ultracapacitor multi-cell modules are available with operating voltages between 16V and 125V to satisfy higher voltage requirements of many integrated systems.
These standardized multi-cell modules can simply be connected in series to meet even higher voltage requirement. These modules are composed of large cylindrical cells target the automotive and industrial application such as transit bus and heavy duty vehicles.
• Highest power performance with ultra-low internal resistance
• Modules with rated capacitance between 1.5 and 500F
• Voltage: 16V, 48V, 64V, 86V and 125V
• IP65 rated enclosure
• Integrated management unit for:
- Individual cell balancing
- Voltage and temperature diagnosis by logic output
- Optional CAN or RS communication interface
• Rugged design for harsh environments
• Public transport vehicles
• Heavy duty vehicles
• Windmill pitch control systems