The ISP1302 from Insight SIP is a smart Bluetooth module based on the nRF51 Bluetooth Low Energy chip from Nordic Semiconductor in an ultra-small LGA package of only 8.0 x 8.0 x 1.0 mm. The module integrates the antenna, the RF matching circuit, all decoupling and load capacitors plus the 16 MHz crystal oscillator. The ISP1302 works as a complete bi-directional transmitter/receiver.
The Bluetooth module is perfectly suited for devices that requires low power wireless connectivity and low cost. It is designed in accordance with the Bluetooth Smart (low energy) specification contained within v4.1 of the overall Bluetooth specification.
The ISP1302 has several end applications, the antenna was designed to be compatible with several ground-plane antenna sizes such as USB dongles or cell phones. It illustrates Insight SiP’s expertise in RF & Front End miniaturization and antenna integration.
The modules are specifically designed for both PC and smart phone peripherals and ultra-low power applications such as sports and wellness sensors.
• Ultra Small size LGA Package 8 x 8 x 1 mm
• Based on nRF51 SoC BLE transceiver
• 32-bit ARM Cortex - M0 CPU
• Available with 128 K Flash & 16K SRAM
• Antenna and Matching integrated
• MCU and radio 16MHz crystal integrated
• 16 IOs including 5 ADC and 1 analog reference
• Supports Bluetooth v4.1
• External synchronization 32kHz crystal (optional)
• External DC/DC loading circuit connection (optional)
• IPv6 Connectivity
• Single 1.8 to 3.6 V supply
• Temperature -40 to +85 °C
• High volume BLE applications
• Connected sensors for medical devices, healthcare, sports, fitness, industrial
• IoT applications, connected objects
• Wearable technology
• Home automation