The ISP130301 a new generation BLE module introduced by Insight SIP. It measures only 11x8x1.2 mm and integrates the nRF51822 chip from Nordic Semiconductor.
The module includes in addition to the nRF51822 and its 32-bit ARM Cortex M0 microprocessor, 256 kB of Flash memory, and full suite of analog and digital peripherals, a DC-DC converter, integrated RF antenna, 16 MHz and 32 kHz high stability quartz oscillators, plus an RF matching circuit and passive components. This module forms a complete standalone bluetooth low energy node.
The Insight SiP ISP130301 can be configured to operate in slave or master mode, requires no external supporting components beyond an on-board 2.1 to 3.6V power source and for sensing applications, an appropriate sensor. The module is specifically designed for both PC and smart phone peripherals and ultra-low power applications such as sports and wellness sensors.
In addition, Insight SiP has also developed its own development kit the ISP130301-DK1 which is available for purchase separately.
• Single mode BLE v4.0 slave or master
• Proprietary 2.4 GHz protocols
• Based on Nordic Semiconductor nRF51 family
• 2.4GHz low energy RF transceiver
• 32bit ARM Cortex M0 CPU with 256kB flash
• Analog and digital peripherals
• Ultra low power consumption
• Single 2.1 to 3.6 V supply
• Very small size 8.0 x 11.0 x 1.2 mm
• Temperature -25 to 75 °C
• Fully integrated RF matching and antenna
• Integrated 16 MHz and 32.768 kHz clocks
• Space constrained bluetooth low energy slave devices
• Sport and fitness sensors
• Health care sensors
• Out of range (OOR) sensors
• Personal user interface devices (PUID)
• Remote controls