SMBus mini charger for smart batteries
Equipped with a microchip, smart batteries are able to communicate with the charger and user alike. This battery-controlled charging method makes sense when considering that some packs share the same footprint but contain different chemistries, requiring alternative charge algorithms. With this technology each battery receives the correct charge levels and terminates full-charge with proper detection methods.
RRC is a worldwide leader in designing and manufacturing battery chargers for medical, industrial, military and consumer applications. Their full line of battery charger designs meets the widest range of requirements, from simple single-cell batteries, to high-powered "smart" batteries.
RRC now provides the following smart battery desktop chargers:
|RRC-SMB-MBC||120x64x43mm (LxWxH)||50W for RRC2040, 2040-2, 2054 and 2057|
|RRC-SMB-UBC||151x90x43mm (LxWxH)||65W for RRC2020, 2024, 2040, 2040-2, 2054 and 2057|
|RRC-SMB-UBC-DIS||151x90x43mm (LxWxH)||Discharge* to SoC 30% for RRC2020, 2024, 2040, 2040-2, 2054 and 2057|
*Discharge power is limited to 5W. The discharger will bring back the batteries to ship-mode after discharging.
• 50 Watts desktop battery charger for the standard smart battery form factors
• Single bay charger
• Optimized charging process by using RRC batteries:
- Higher charging cycles
- Faster charging
• Simple plug and play operation
• Input voltage 100 to 240VAC
• Charge current up to 4.8A
• Approvals: CE / CB / UL / RCM / GOST / EAC / CCC / PSE / KC
• Safety Standard IEC 60950
• External power supply level VI for worldwide use with new IEC 60320 C5 connector
• Country specific AC input cables available (Europe, UK and US versions)
Standard charging station for mobile devices used in medical, industrial and consumer markets.